Blast Hatch, Ballistic Hatch, and Powered Hatches
- Easy gas spring assisted opening
- Secured shut with the same massive hinges and cam latches we use on our blast doors
- A 360 degree rain lip and an NBC seal keeps the elements out
- The 32 x 32 inch flat hatch makes a great emergency egress
- Custom sizes available – contact our sales department with your hatch requirements
- In use worldwide – we’ve built many of these hatches for military, industrial, and embassy installations!
A blast hatch is a blast resistant access door designed to mount on a horizontal surface – like the top of a bomb shelter, and open to a vertical position. American Safe Room designs and manufactures these blast and ballistic hatches:
Flat Blast Hatch
These hatches are made to bolt down on the top of a safe room or bomb shelter. The frame height is just under seven inches – unless you get the viewer option, then it will be two inches higher to allow head room when looking out the viewers.
Contact us if you would like a quote on one of these bullet resistant hatches.
Hydraulic Blast Hatch
We build custom ballistic hatches to order. This is a 42 x 60 inch powered hatch. We’ve sourced a nice 12 volt hydraulic power supply that opens and closes the hatch lid with authority! Please contact us if you are interested in a hydraulically operated hatch.